What's for sale?
This is a large, brass hot water can from late 19th or early 20th century Britain.
These were used in homes and hotels to carry hot water from the kitchen to a bathroom or bedroom, at a time when hot water was not available on tap.
They came in different sizes and this has 6 on the handle, indicating 6 pints or 3.4 litres. These days they're an interesting ornament, or a watering can for plants.
What condition is it in?
- In fair to good condition
- There are at least ten dents around the body
- The hinge and lid work well
- The spout appears split underneath but does not leak
What are the measurements?
- 30cm to top of handle (just under 12 inches)
- 33cm from spout to handle (13 inches)
- 13 cm width (just over 5 inches)
- 942 grams
- capacity is 6 pints (3.4 litres)
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to email@example.com.
19th century (1800-1899)
Early 20th century (1900-1949)
- Stock ID: