What's for sale?
This is a stylish, two-light, hallmarked, Sterling silver candelabra. The design is in the style of those by Robert Adam in the late 18th century. The candle holders are at the ends of two looped and intertwined arms, and in the centre, there is a hollow column on a stepped base. The hollow base has been filled and weighted.
Each candle holder has a removable socket, which allows for two sizes of candles: 19mm and 22mm.
Who made it and when?
It's hallmarked, although the maker's stamp has been partially polished out and only "& Son LTD" is visible.
The hallmark reads:
- A Lion Passant (the sterling silver mark)
- A bears head (the symbol for the London Assay Office)
- a lowercase "a" which style represents 1956
What condition is it in?
- In good condition
- No damage
- The weighting is secure
What are the measurements?
- 22.5 cm high (just under 9 inches)
- 27cm width (just over 10.5 inches)
- 9.5 cm at the base (3.75 inches)
- 848 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to email@example.com.
- Stock ID: