What's for sale?
This is a small, soft, navy leather handbag with sculpted, brown frame in an early plastic like Galalith, Catalin or Lucite. It was made by Harmony, an English bag maker.
There's the main compartment and a small, slim pocket, holding a mirror. It's secured by a small, gold tone "D" clasp. The leather straps are long enough to hang the bag from your arm.
Bakelite has become a generic description for the early plastics and resins such as Lucite, Catalin, Galalith, and of course Bakelite. This hasn't been tested to determine which type it is. It was most likely made during the 1950s or 1960s.
What condition is it in?
- In fair to good condition
- The leather is soft and creased
- There are no holes, but one small nick in the leather
- The inside is clean with no rips or tears
- The clasp has lost its gold-coloured finish
- The plastic has a good glossy, shine
What are the measurements?
- 18cm high (7 inches)
- 36cm high including handles (14 inches)
- 17cm long (about 6.75 inches)
- 8cm wide across the base (over 3 inches)
- 338 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to email@example.com.
Mid 20th century (1930-1959)
- Stock ID: