What's for sale?
This is a pair of tea cups and saucers in a blue and white design known as "Colonial Village" by the Salem China Company.
The same pattern is more commonly found under the name "English Village" in America.
Who made it and when?
There's little information available on the Salem China Company, but what there is suggests that it's a brand name used by Alfred Meakin. The maker's mark reads:
- "Colonial Village by Salem China Co"
- "Olde Staffordshire"
- "Finest English Ironstone"
- "Hand engraved underglaze permanent colour"
- "© Salem England"
What condition are they in?
- In good condition with no chips or cracks
- Some faint crazing in one bowl as shown
What are the measurements?
- Cup 7cm high
- Cup 10cm from rim to handle
- Saucer 2cm high
- Saucer 14cm diameter
- Each pair weighs 281 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to email@example.com.
20th century (1900-1999)
- Stock ID: