What's for sale?
This is a beautiful, bright blue, stoneware water jug from the 1920s, signed with the Royal Doulton factory marks.
It is an attractive piece, finished with a very reflective, high gloss glaze and contrasting cream interior. The shape is nicely proportioned; it has a short, flared rim and spout, and narrow neck above the gently curved body. The handle has been applied to the neck and upper part of the body.
Underneath are the impressed factory marks, which date it between 1922 and 1956. They read:
- A lion standing on a circle with a defined boundary line
- Inside the circle: Royal Doulton England
- There is also a large "H" above
What condition is it in?
- In very good condition
- There are no chips or cracks
- There are about half a dozen tiny pits in the glaze, which you can see when you move the jug around in the light
- There are two pits where the colour hasn't taken well
- What are the measurements?
- 185cm high (about 7 inches)
- 11.5cm at the widest (4.5 inches)
- 6cm diameter base (2.25 inches)
- 5cm rim diameter (2 inches)
- 830 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to email@example.com.
- Stock ID: