What's for sale?
This is a solid Sterling silver perfume or scent bottle holder with full hallmarks for Chester, 1901. Despite the Cheshire hallmark, it was made by Robert Pringle & Sons Ltd, of Clerkenwell in central London.
It is a beautifully-made item with an intricate pierced design featuring flowers, vines, and leaves on a lattice-work trellis.
The included bottle is non-original, later cologne bottle stamped "Roger & Gallet", a well-known perfumery.
Who made it and when?
The hallmarks are:
- Initials "RP" in a shield (for Robert Pringle)
- A Lion Passant (the sterling silver mark)
- Three Wheat sheaves in a shield (the mark for Chester)
- An italic capital "A" which style represents 1901
These indicate the maker as Robert Pringle & Sons of London, stamped by the Chester assay office in 1901.
What condition is it in?
- In Very good condition with no damage
What are the measurements?
- The holder is 6.5cm high
- The holder is 3.5cm in diameter
- The sleeve weighs 21 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to email@example.com.
Robert Pringle and Sons Limited
- Stock ID: