This has sold.
We can let you know if we find something similar. Just tell us - you do not have to buy anything!
What's for sale?
This is a pair of American Ray-Ban Fugitive sunglasses with high-quality, Bausch & Lomb glass lenses and black, unisex W2355 frames.
The Bausch & Lomb G-15 lenses are the high-quality, non-polarized, grey-green type introduced in 1953. They block 85% of visible light and 100% of UV light. They're also colour-neutral: colours are transmitted equally and colour perception is unaltered.
Included is the original Bausch & Lomb Ray-Ban case with hardened front.
They were made in the 1990s, which is significant as Bausch & Lomb sold Ray-Ban in 1999; modern Ray-Bans are no longer made in America or with these lenses.
Who made them and when?
They're made by American optic specialist Bausch & Lomb, probably in the 1990s. Both lenses are engraved "BL".
The frames are marked W2355 YPAS.
What condition are they in?
Please remember when viewing the photographs that some have been taken at a greater magnification than normal vision.
- In very good condition
What are the measurements?
- Each lens is a maximum 54mm wide and 30mm high
- The frames are a maximum 140mm wide and 33mm high
- The bridge is 19mm
- The temple arm length is 135mm
- They weigh 27 grams
How are glasses measured?
- Some frames have their sizes printed on the arms
- Look for a pair of numbers separated by a square and a three-digit number on its own (e.g. "5219 ... 140")
- The first two numbers are the lens and bridge widths. The three-digit number is the temple arm length
- Lens widths are from 40 to 62mm, bridges 14 to 22mm and arms 120 to 150mm
- The bridge is measured where the gap between the lenses is narrowest (not the frames)
- The arm is measured from the hinge along its full length, including around the bend
- It's easiest to compare online measurements with glasses that fit you.
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to email@example.com.
Bausch & Lomb Ray-Ban
- Stock ID: