This has sold.
We can let you know if we find something similar. Just tell us - you do not have to buy anything!
What's for sale?
This is a great-looking, working coffee grinder from mid 20th century France, made by Peugeot and finished in a great-looking, bright blue.
Their basic design was created in 1840 and this version is probably from the 1940s or 1950s.
The chrome-plated, polished steel dome opens to reveal a large opening where the coffee beans are placed. Turning the handle clockwise grinds the beans the beans and the ground coffee falls to the wooden drawer below.
It has an iron grinder and crank with a wooden knob. The body is made from wood with steel verticals to protect the corners. The drawer is held with sprung clips to give slight resistance as you pull it and prevent it from flying out when you handle the grinder.
What condition is it in?
- In fair to good condition
- The grinder works well
- The polished dome has a few areas of tarnish and corrosion but no dents.
- The dome slides open and shut smoothly
- The wood has missing paint in several places
- The base is slightly warped
- It sits firmly and squarely
- The drawer has no issues and is held in place by the spring clips
- The handle and grinder is fully working
- The metal corner pieces have worn paint, scratches and areas of rust
What are the measurements?
- 21cm high at highest point (8.25 inches)
- 13cm high to the top of the body (5.12 inches)
- 14.5cm square (5.71 inches)
- 1101 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to email@example.com.
Early 20th century (1900-1949)
- Stock ID: