What's for sale?
This is a large, metal, display and retail tin for Le Bouillon Kub, the French powdered bouillon mix.
The contents were 50 celophane-wrapped packs ("barres"), each containing five smaller, 6.3 gramme packs ("l'unité") of le Bouillon Kub. A time saving, instant bouillon when added to water.
This large tin contained 250 of the small packets, so was intended for shops to retail the packs of five, at 6 francs each.
It's a mid-century retail tin, probably in use from the 1940s to 1960s.
What condition is it in?
- In fair condition
- There are many faint scratches, marks and areas with rust
- There is a long, arced scratch across the top of the instructions
- There are two long scratches down the "K" on one side
- The top is highly stained and discoloured with rust
- The lid is a tight fit but can be opened and put back
- The interior is highly reflective with several rust patches and still has the lovely aroma of the bouillon mix
What are the measurements?
- 14cm high (5.5 inches)
- 11.5cm square (4.5 inches)
- 210 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid 20th century (1930-1959)
- Stock ID: