This has sold.
We can let you know if we find something similar. Just tell us - you do not have to buy anything!
What's for sale?
This is an engraved, Sterling silver hinged bangle, made during the 1960s and hallmarked for Birmingham, England.
The engraved decoration is a simple, floral pattern depicting three flowers on a long stem. The engraving runs around one half of the bangle, while the other half is undecorated.
This a slender bangle and so is lighter to wear and perhaps less obtrusive than some of the larger cuffs. The square edging also gives it a more modern look.
Who made it and when?
It was made in 1966-67 by Jospeh Smith & Sons Ltd, the Birmingham jeweller based at Vittoria Street. There are two sets of marks:
- JS (the stamp for Joseph Smith & Sons)
- An Anchor (the symbol for the Birmingham assay office)
- A Lion Passant (the sterling silver mark)
- An "R" (which style matches 1966/67)
- Another Lion Passant
- Another "R"
What condition is it in?
- In good condition
- It's kept its shape reasonably well
- There are three small dents on the plain side of the bangle
- The hinge and push-pull fastener work well
What are the measurements?
- 1cm wide
- 7cm and 67cm across
- 19 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joseph Smith & Sons Ltd
- Stock ID: