This has sold.
We can let you know if we find something similar. Just tell us - you do not have to buy anything!
What's for sale?
This is a handmade, copper jug with an embossed Art Nouveau design known as "Willow". It was made by Joseph Sankey & Sons, who were one of Britain's more successful manufacturers of the period.
In recent years, this jug has been cleaned and polished to show the original finish as it would have looked when a few years old. It's a matter of personal preference between a duller patina which shows the age or this look. We like to have both. The underneath shows what it must have looked like before cleaning.
The "1 1/2" on the base indicates a capacity of one and a half pints.
Who made it and when?
It was made by the English company Joseph Sankey & Sons in the early 1900s at their Albert Street factory in Bilston, (at the time Staffordshire, now part of Wolverhampton).
The maker's marks read:
- made in england
- J S & S
- solid copper
What condition is it in?
- In very good condition
- As is normal, there are a few minor dents but no major creases
- The shape is very good
- There are a series of small dents inside the spout and two points, pushed from the inside, half way up below the spout and near the base
- The underneath has more age related staining and some scratches
What are the measurements?
- 20cm high (over 7.75 inches)
- 15cm from spout to handle (just under 6 inches)
- 11cm in diameter at the base (over 4.25 inches)
- 334 grams
- capacity 1.5 pints (850ml)
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joseph Sankey & Sons
Early 20th century (1900-1949)
- Stock ID: