This has sold.
We can let you know if we find something similar. Just tell us - you do not have to buy anything!
What's for sale?
This is a Vicorian era perfume bottle with a pierced, solid Sterling silver holder. It was made by silversmith Henry Matthews of Birmingham and is fully hallmarked for 1901 by the Chester assay office.
Who made it and when?
The hallmarks read:
- H M (for Henry Matthews)
- A Lion Passant (the sterling silver mark)
- Three Wheat sheaves in a shield (the mark for Chester)
- An italic capital "A" which style represents 1901
What condition is it in?
- In very good condition
- The sleeve is undamaged and still well shaped for the bottle
- The perfume bottle is a little worn on the base but otherwise in good condition
- The stopper fits well
What are the measurements?
- 13.5 cm high
- 5.5 cm in diameter
- The silver sleeve weighs 43 grams
- 171 grams in total
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to email@example.com.
20th century (1900-1999)
- Stock ID: