A brief history of George Jones & Sons

In 1856 George Jones opened a pottery workshop in Glebe Street, Stoke on Trent.

Around 1865 he built the Trent Potteries, next to the Newcastle-under-Lyme canal and then in 1873, the company was renamed George Jones & Sons.

George died in 1893 but the business continued and in 1907, it was renamed Crescent Potteries.

They ceased trading in 1957.

 

Maker's marks for George Jones and Sons
The George Jones mark used from 1874 to 1924
The George Jones mark used from 1874 to 1924

Related Items

George Jones & Sons Spring Teacup, Saucer & Plate Trio

A Staffordshire, bone-china trio of teacup, saucer and plate by George Jones & Sons in their "Spring" pattern. Second-hand.
£28.00