What's for sale?
This is a colourful and attractive vase, hand-painted with their floral, "OS" pattern by E Radford pottery.
It's a colourful design of garden flowers in three bright colours painted over a white base. The vase is slightly ribbed and appears to be hand thrown rather than moulded. The mouth has been sponge-decorated with pink.
This pattern is "OS", the form is 672.
Who made it and when?
It's from the collectible Edward Radford range of pottery made for H J Wood Ltd at Burslem in Staffordshire, England. It was probably made during the 1940s. The maker's mark on the base reads:
- E Radford
- "OS" (the pattern)
- "S" (possibly the artist)
What condition is it in?
- In good to very good condition
- There is faint crazing all over
- There are some stains on the bottom, on the inside
- There are several faint marks on the outside
- No chips or cracks
What are the measurements?
- 20cm high (just under 8 inches)
- 13cm at the widest (just over 5 inches)
- 846 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid 20th century (1930-1959)
- Stock ID: