What's for sale?
This is a late 19th century, Chinese Canton enamel-on-copper pedestal dish, or Tazza.
It is completely handmade, with a beaten copper body covered with a white enamel base and then hand-painted with a colourful enamel decoration in pinks, blues, greens, reds and yellows and finished off with a gold-coloured rim. The decoration continues underneath and around the foot.
In the centre of the dish is a peach tree, surrounded by six chrysanthemums, three in pink and three in blue. The peach tree and chrysanthemum are both symbols for a long and healthy life.
What condition is it in?
- Good to very good condition
- There are several scratches in the enamel and many tiny pinholes
- The colours are deep and bright
- The gold-coloured edging is marked in many places
- No dents or cracks
What are the measurements?
- 9cm high (3.5 inches)
- 20cm diameter (7.9 inches)
- 9cm base diameter (3.5 inches)
- 413 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to email@example.com.
19th century (1800-1899)
- Stock ID: