This has sold.
We can let you know if we find something similar. Just tell us - you do not have to buy anything!
What's for sale?
This is a pair of hallmarked, Sterling silver and Caithness Glass millefiori earrings. They're on hooked fittings for pierced ears.
The glass is a pretty shade of green and contains a delicate pattern of white flowers surrounding a red and yellow flower at the centre. The light is able to shine through and illuminate the flowers against the green.
Construction is a backless, pear-shaped, Sterling sliver frame, into which the domed glass has been glued. Each earring is hallmarked.
The Italian term millefiori is the combination of "mille" (thousand) and "fiori" (flowers).
Who made them and when?
They were made by the Scottish glassware company Caithness Glass, around 1971. The hallmarks read:
- C.J. (the makers mark for Caithness Glass)
- a thistle (for Scottish silver)
- a castle (for the Edinburgh assay office)
- a stylised Q, which style matches 1971-1972
What condition are they in?
- In very good, clean condition
- There are scratches on the silver frames visible under magnification
- The glue or adhesive is visible on the backs
What are the measurements?
- 1.5cm wide (0.5 inches)
- 1.75cm height (0.75 inches)
- 2.5cm drop (1 inch)
- 4 grams each
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stock ID: