A brief history of British Anchor pottery
The British Anchor Pottery Company Limited was a Staffordshire earthenware pottery company based at Anchor Road, Stoke-on-Trent. They were manufacturing from 1884 until the 1970s.
- Founded 1884
- Bought by The Gailey Group Ltd
- In 1963 they produced the Rutland design
- In 1966 Tom Arnold produced the Impact design
- In 1967 they produced the Strata design
- In 1970 they were merged with Thomas Poole & Gladstone China Ltd.
Maker's marks for British Anchor Pottery
They added "England" to their mark in 1891 and laurel leaves in 1913.
Where can you find out more?
Graham Mclaren, Ceramics of the 1960s (Osprey Publishing, 2001)