What's for sale?
This is a large, 1930s, ceramic sugar shaker or caster by Bretby Art Pottery.
It's from their well known, collectable range of blue and white kitchenware marketed as "Bretby Kitchen Kupboard Ware".
It's a simple design, in a nice, azure blue with white pinstripes which doesn't seem to age. The range had quite a large number of items aimed at the kitchen and breakfast table. Some items were also available in sage green. It was probably their response to T G Green's Cornishware and Streamline ranges, but it has its own look.
Who made it and when?
It was made by Derbyshire manufacturer Bretby Art Pottery during the 1930s.
What condition is it in?
- In very good condition
- No chips or cracks
- The cork is very tight and we haven't tried to remove it
- The glaze is rough in a couple of patches near the base
- There are some tiny pits in the glaze
What are the measurements?
- 12.5 cm high (just under 5 inches)
- 7cm in diameter at the widest (2.75 inches)
- 196 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bretby Art Pottery
- Stock ID: