What's for sale?
This is a small and rare, metal gramophone needle tin from mid 20th century France. It carries the Bohin brand name and great period graphics in red, yellow, black and white.
It has a hinged lid and would have contained 200 fortes or loud needles. This example still has the paper insert and a number of needles.
Bohin is a treasured French manufacturer of sewing needles since 1866 and is still based in L'Aigle, Normandy, the pin and needle capital of France.
What condition is it in?
- In good condition
- There are several scratches on the lid but the graphics are still clear and bright
- There are many areas of rust on the base and sides
- The wire hinge is intact and the lid is a tight fit
- The needles are generally very rusty
- The paper insert is intact but coloured with rust
What are the measurements?
- 0.5cm high (0.2 inches)
- 3.5cm width (1.38 inches)
- 5.5cm length (2.17 inches)
- 34 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to email@example.com.
Early 20th century (1900-1949)
- Stock ID: