What's for sale?
This is a tall, hand-hammered sugar shaker, caster or sifter. It has a threaded top, complete with finial, and is made from leadless, English pewter and is safe for food use.
The obelisk form is one of the classic shapes used in Art Deco designs and matches the period when this piece was made.
Who made it & when?
It was made by John Batt & Company of Sheffield, England. The maker's marks on the base date it between 1920 and 1938.
- JB & CO LTD.
- M300 A/E (engraved by hand)
- PARK (their trade mark)
- PEWTER WARE
What condition is it in?
- In good condition
- The screw top works well
- There are two dents on the outside rim
- There is a small dent on the top next to the finial
- There is a 3mm scratch at the bottom of one side
What are the measurements?
- 19.5 cm high (about 7.75 inches)
- 6 cm per side at the base (over 2.25 inches)
- 3 cm opening diameter (just over 1 inch)
- 235 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Batt & Company
Early 20th century (1900-1949)
- Stock ID: