A brief history of Alfred Meakin pottery
Alfred Meakin was a company known in particular for its export trade to the Commonwealth and the United States.
- Founded 1875 in Tunstall, Staffordshire
- Bought in 1908 by the Johnson family, operating under the name Alfred Meakin (Tunstall) Ltd
- In 1976 acquired by Myott, Son & Co. Ltd and known as Myott-Meakin
- Bought in 1989 by Melton Modes and known as Myott-Meakin (Staffordshire) Ltd
- Bought by the Churchill Group in 1991
Maker's marks for Alfred Meakin
Where can you find out more?